Ways to Give

There are many ways to give to the College of Arts and Sciences. Ranging from outright gifts to planned gifts, there are as many giving options as there are great reasons to support the College of Arts and Sciences.

Your gift may be directed, through annual or endowed support, to any of the College’s highest priorities – faculty, students, facilities, and undergraduate education. Each gift makes an impact on current as well as future students and faculty at the College of Arts and Sciences. If you have any questions, please call the Office of Development and Alumni Relations at 305-284-3874. We are grateful for your support.

Gift of Cash

The simplest and easiest way to give to the College is to write a check or to use your credit to make a gift on UM’s secure online giving site.   Major cash gifts may be made as a pledge to be paid over a specified period.  For more information about making a major gift, please call Karina Alvarez at (305) 284-2988.

  • Give by Phone.  To make a gift over the phone, please call the College’s Office of Development and Alumni Relations at 305-284-2988. Outside business hours, please leave your name and contact information, and we will return your call the next business day.
  • By check.  If you wish to send a contribution via check, please make the check payable to the  “UM College of Arts & Sciences” and mail to:

UM College of Arts & Sciences
Development and Alumni Relations Office
6200 San Amaro Drive
Coral Gables, Florida 33146



 A gift of securities to the College of Arts and Sciences might take the form of shares of corporate stock or mutual funds, stock options, bonds, or other types of securities. With a gift of securities you may enjoy tax savings. For further information about making a gift of securities, call Karina Alvarez at (305) 284-2988.


Real and Personal Property

A residence or other real property may be given as an outright gift to the College, or individuals may prefer to give their home for the benefit of the College and retain the right to occupy the property for life. Personal property such as paintings, library books, or musical instruments can also make useful gifts.



Planned gifts to the College of Arts and Sciences are commitments you make to the university that will benefit the College at a future date.  Planned gifts may include a provision in your will or trust, a charitable remainder trust, a charitable gift annuity, or life insurance. Planned gifts may also provide lifetime income to the college while also affording specific tax advantages to the donor. Learn more about how you can make a planned gift or bequest to the College of Arts and provide significant support by calling Kyle Paige at (305) 284-4342 or check our gift planning resources.


Charitable Gift Annuity

Your gift to the College of Arts and Sciences can do double-duty by providing the college with much-needed funds while also allowing you to hold an interest in that gift. For example, you can set up a charitable trust that provides you with income from that trust either for life or for a specified number of years. Call Karina Alvarez at (305) 284-2988.