Welcome to the Friends of Theatre
Friends of Theatre was founded in September of 1972. Our goals over the years have increased somewhat, but have never gotten off the track.
Our primary goals are:
- To help students by providing scholarships to enable them to achieve their dreams.
- To assist the Department of Theatre Arts and its talented young students to become the finest in the country.
- To work with the university to make the Jerry Herman Ring Theatre a jewel in the community by supporting the beautification and technology of the physical plant.
- To serve as a link so that all members will have the opportunity to meet and greet fellow members, students and faculty at Jerry Herman Ring openings, theatre parties, meetings and other social events.
Please explore our web site to discover who we are, the privileges of membership and how you might join us! Click here to read a special message from Friends of Theatre President Camille King.
FRIENDS OF THEATRE 2015-2016 MEMBERS
If you are interested in joining this philanthropic and fun group whose donations support the students and productions here, please call Sandra Hutchinson at 305-447-4177. List updated September 1, 2015.
President: Johanna Teague
President Elect: Marshall Waldman (in Memoriam)
V. President (Book Sales): Myrna Palley
V. President (Membership): Sandra Hutchinson
Secretary: Camille King
Treasurer: Sheldon Palley
Assistant Treasurer: Patricia Crow
Parlimentarium: Evelyn Budde
Past President: Carol Newport
Sheldon & Myrna Palley
Carole and Marshall Waldman
Dick and Camille King
Judy H. Shulte and John K. Schulte
Dixie Animal Hospital
Dr. and Mrs. Bernard Silverstein
Dr. and Mrs. Theadore Sarafoglu
Eleanor C. Zahner
Jay and Pat Clarke
Johanna S. Teague
Natalie and Howard Kleinberg
Peggy and Frank Vital
Renée and David Leiberman
Richard and Susan Skor
Sandra and Albert Hutchinson
Dr. Diane Baker and George Giampetro
In memory of Marshall Waldman, a staunch supporter of Friends of Theatre and The Jerry Herman Ring Theatre.
Membership Categories and Benefits
The Friends of Theatre, Inc., is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit corporation dedicated to supporting the University of Miami Department of Theatre Arts and productions at the Jerry Herman Ring Theatre. Membership fees are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Please note that tickets to productions and receptions are not tax deductible.
As a Member you will:
- Connect with other people who share your passion and commitment for Theatre.
- Support the amazing and talented Theatre Arts students at the University of Miami.
- Deepen your community experience and strengthen your ties to the University of Miami.
- Gain private access and special privileges (such as receptions and outings).
- Be recognized in public for your gift.
Click here to view a complete list of all membership categories and benefits.