Louise Davidson-Schmich, Ph.D.
Office: Jenkins Room 314J
- PhD, MA Duke University; 1999
- BA, Brown University
- Gender quotas and women in politics
- German and European politics
- Legislative politics and political culture
- Becoming Party Politicians: Eastern German State Legislators in the Decade Following Democratization. University of Notre Dame Press.
- “The Implementation of Political Party Gender Quotas: Evidence from the German Länder 1990-2000” Party Politics
- "Searching for the Origins of Civic Community in Central Europe: Evidence from Eastern and Western Germany" Democratization
- "The Development of Party Discipline in New Parliaments: East German State Legislatures 1990-2000" The Journal of Legislative Studies
Teaching & Professional Experience:
- Visiting Lecturer, North Carolina State University
- Instructor, Department of Political Science, Duke University
- Instructor, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
- Fulbright Teaching Assistant, Kiel, Germany