June Teufel Dreyer, Ph.D.
Office: Jenkins Room 317
- Ph.D. Harvard University 1973 - Government and Far Eastern Languages
- M.A. Harvard University 1963 - East Asian Studies
- B.A. Wellesley College 1961 - Political Science
- Certificates of Proficiency in Elementary, Intermediate, and Newspaper Chinese, Yale University Summer Language Institute, summers of 1961, 1962.
- Certificates of Proficiency in Intermediate Japanese and in Reading Japanese for Research Purposes, Doshisha University, 1968, 1969.
- International relations
- Asian-Pacific political and economic systems
- Chinese government and foreign policy
- U.S. defense policy
- Ethnic minorities in China, Sino-Japanese relations, Chinese military modernization, China-Taiwan relations
- “Sino-Japanese Relations,” Journal of Contemporary China
- “The PLA and Kosovo: The Strategy Debate,” Issues & Studies
- “The Crisis in the Taiwan Strait,” Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists
- “China: The Multicultural Paradigm,” Orbis
Teaching & Professional Experience:
- Chief Far East Specialist, Library of Congress, Washington D.C.
- Asia Adviser, Chief of Naval Operations, United States Navy
- Adjunct Professor, Air Force Special Operations School