Jonathan West, Ph.D.
- Ph.D, M.A., Northwestern University; 1969
- B.A., University of Utah
- Public administration
- Public policy, specifically human resource issues in local government, productivity improvement efforts in city and county governments, public sector labor relations and public policy making processes
- Conducting surveys of public management practices in U.S. cities
- Human Resource Management in Public Service, Sage (coauthor with Berman, Bowman and Van Wart)
- American Politics and the Environment, Longman (coauthor with Sussman and Daynes)
- “Ethics and Human Resource Management,” Public Personnel Administration, Hays and Kearney, eds., Prentice-Hall
- “Georgia on the Mind of Radical Civil Service Reformers,” Review of Public Personnel Administration
- “Workplace Relations: Friendship Patterns and Their Consequences,” Public Administration Review (coauthor with Berman and Richter)
Teaching & Professional Experience:
- American University, the University of Houston and the University of Arizona
- Management Analyst, U.S. Surgeon General's Office, Department of the Army, Washington, D.C.
- Managing Editor of Public Integrity, a quarterly journal published by Westview Press and cosponsored by the American Society for Public Administration, the International City/County Management Association, and the Council of State Governments