CONSEQUENCES OF THE FALL:
Energy Security, Sustainable Development
and Global Warming
OCTOBER 27th -29th, 2016
The objective of this conference is to examine the impacts of the 2014-2015 decline in the price of oil. Participants will examine the economic, social and political consequences on states and regions, along with their responses.
- What were the impacts for countries experiencing an energy revolution in shale and gas like the United States and Canada?
- What were the repercussions of the collapse on other states of the Western hemisphere dependent on oil for growth and development; countries like Colombia, Venezuela and Mexico?
- Were these outcomes similar to those experiences in other parts of world like Nigeria, Russia and other petro-producing countries?
- How do developing countries intend to cope with such drastic and sudden exogenous economic shock?
- Will there be any benefits for energy poor, consumer countries like China, India and European Union member states?
Newman Alumni Center, University of Miami
6200 San Amaro Drive
Coral Gables, FL 33146
- MARC Pavilion, Florida Internatioonal University
- 12000 SW 8th St.
- Miami, FL 33199
THANK YOU TO OUR PARTNERS AND SPONSORS