About the Department
- Ashli White has been awarded a 2013-2014 NEH Fellowship for her project on "Visual and Material Culture in the Atlantic World During the Age of Revolutions, 1765-1810."
- Mitchell G. Klingenberg has published "'Without the shedding of blood there can be no remission:' The War Theology of Horace Bushnell and the Meaning of America, 1861 to 1866" in Connecticut History 51, no. 2 (Fall 2012), 147-177. Special Issue on "Religion and Politics in Connecticut History."
- Dominique Reill has won an Honorable Mention in the 2012 Smith Book Award competition from the Southern Historical Association for her book, Nationalists Who Feared the Nation
- At the 2012 Jerry Malloy Negro Leagues Conference, Don Spivey received the Robert Peterson Recognition Award for bodies of work that increase public awareness on the Negro Leagues and in particular for his recent book "If You Were Only White" (University of Missouri Press, 2012).
- Jacqueline Grant (PhD '12) has been awarded the 2012 David John Ruggiero Dissertation Award in the Humanities from the UM Center for the Humanities
- Carolyn Zimmerman has been awarded a 2012-13 Fulbright Grant to conduct research in Italy for her dissertation, "Defeat, Civic Values, and the Intronati of Siena after 1555."
About the 2012-13 Fulbright Grant
- Kate Ramsey has been awarded the 2011 Berkshire Book Prize for her The Spirits and the Law: Vodou and Power in Haiti (University of Chicago Press, 2011).
- Edmund Abaka and Stephen Halsey have received 2012-13 Faculty Fellowships from the University of Miami Center for the Humanities. Megan Hatfield and Carolyn Zimmerman have received 2012-13 Dissertation Fellowships from the Center
- Erin Purdy ('14) has received a 2012 Beyond the Book Research Grant from the College of Arts and Sciences
- Michael Bernath has been awarded a 2012 Filson Fellowship from the Filson Historical Society, Louisville, KY.
- Richard Godbeer has been awarded a Society for Historians of the Early American Republic Fellowship at the Library Company of Philadelphia and the Historical Society of Pennsylvania for 2012-13.
- Dominique Reill has been awarded a Postdoctoral Fellowship from the ACLS Committee on East European Studies for 2012-2013. Professor Reill has also been awarded a 2012-13 Rome Prize from the American Academy in Rome.
- Ashli White has received an NEH Summer Fellowship for research on her new project, "Object Lessons of the Revolutionary Atlantic." Professor White has also received a Winterthur Research Fellowship from the Winterthur Institute.
- Amelia Hintzen and Valerie Samet have received Summer Graduate Awards from the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Jacqueline Grant (PhD '12) has accepted a position as Administrative/Executive Assistant to the Dean of Libraries, University of Nevada, Knowledge Center.
- Dr. Cecile Houry (PhD '11) has been appointed Assistant Vice President in the Office of Engagement at Florida International University. Dr. Houry also received the FIU Community Award in October 2011.