Although the primary responsibility for proposal preparation and project oversight resides with the Principal Investigator, the College of Arts and Sciences makes every effort to assist faculty in obtaining and managing external funding for their research and scholarship. To this end, the manager of this department acts on behalf of the dean and serves as liaison between faculty/principal investigators, chairpersons, support personnel in CAS departments and programs and the offices of Sponsored Programs, Research Administration, and the Controller.
- Dean’s level approval, as required, for pre- and post-award paperwork.
- Assist with sponsored paperwork processing both in the pre- and post-award stages in the departments and programs of the College.
- Review proposals to ensure compliance with College and University policies—particularly in the areas of cost-sharing and appropriateness of proposal budgets. P.I.s are urged to contact Research Support Services staff for assistance early on in your proposal preparation process for budget preparation and to identify any potential areas of concern that will need to be addressed prior to submission of your proposal.
- Assist faculty with preparation of agency forms and on-line submission of proposals through grants.gov and agency systems.
- Provide assistance to P.I.s and support staff in addressing post-award issues associated with creation and renewal of accounts, budgeting, IPARs, compliance, cost-share documentation, etc.
- Assist with audits and end-of-grant period as appropriate.
College Funding Resources
|Book Manuscript Review Policy||Dec. 2013|
|Bridge/Seeds Funding Policy||Oct. 2011|
|External Reviewer Policy||Aug. 2013|
|Proposal Editing Policy||Dec. 2013|
|Equipment Non-Availability Form|
|Internal Prior Approval Request (IPAR)|
|Office of Research Administration Pre- and Post-Award Forms|
Policies and Procedures
|Space in the Neuroscience Building|
- Animal Care and Use Committee
- DMAS Signon
- Effort Certification & Reporting (ECR)
- Foreign Currency Converter
- Foreign Per Diem Rates
- Human Subject Research Office
- Mileage Reimbursement Rates
- Office of Research Administration
- Office of Research
- Post Doc Mentoring
- UM Sponsored Programs Policies
- UM Travel Policy
University of Miami Research LISTSERVS
The University Office of Research has established Listservs for the dissemination of research related information.