The English Department currently offers the following programs for undergraduates:
- English Literature Major (from Fall 2014) – Students entering in Fall 2014 or later
- English Literature Major (2012-2014) – Students entering between Fall 2012 and Summer 2014
- English Literature Major (before 2012) – Students entering before Fall 2012
- English Major with a Concentration in Creative Writing (from Fall 2012) – Students entering in Fall 2012 or later
- English Major with a Concentration in Creative Writing (before 2012) – Students entering before Fall 2012
Credits earned for courses in freshman composition (ENG 105, 106, 107, and 208) may not be applied toward the total number of credits required for the major. In each English course, the English major must make a grade of C- or better, with an overall GPA in the major of 2.0.
Students pursuing both a major and a minor offered by the Department of English may double-count a maximum of two English courses toward the fulfillment of their degree requirements. They must also have an additional major or minor in a department other than English.
Students interested in seeking Departmental Honors in English should consult the Director of Undergraduate Studies in English, normally before the end of the junior year.