Deadline: April 3rd, 2015
The Center for Latin American Studies (CLAS) is pleased to announce the Barrett Prize to the doctoral student who has produced the best dissertation at the University of Miami on a topic related to any aspect of Latin America and the Caribbean.
This award is intended to highlight first-rate scholarship in the field of Latin American and Caribbean studies produced by doctoral students at the University of Miami.
On a competitive basis, the award will be granted to a UM doctoral student who has completed his/her dissertation. The Barrett Prize carries an award amount of $1,500. The selection committee reserves the right not to award a prize in a given year.
- UM full-time PhD students
- The dissertation must demonstrate a substantial research focus on any aspect related to Latin America and the Caribbean
- The dissertation should have been successfully defended during the 2013-14 academic year (if the dissertation's defense is scheduled to take place after April 3rd, 2015, please contact CLAS Director of Research, Eduardo Elena, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications should include:
- A nominating letter from the student's dissertation advisor
- A one-page summary of the dissertation
- A complete doctoral dissertation
Please email complete applications in one single .pdf file to Eduardo Elena, CLAS Director of Research, at email@example.com, with the subject heading "Barrett Prize." Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. If you have any questions about this program, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Elena.