Apply to Become a UGrow Fellow
If you are a PhD student in English, History, International Studies, Modern Languages & Literatures, or Philosophy who will receive a graduate assistantship in 2017-18, you are eligible to apply for one of the UGrow Fellowships listed below, provided you have the approval of your DGS and faculty adviser. Placements will last for the academic year, to replace your regular assistantship duties; you will continue to receive your regular graduate stipend.
UGrow Fellows will devote approximately 10-15 hours a week during the academic year to their work. At the end of the fellowship period, Fellows should have a portfolio of work and valuable experience to assist them in their future career choices, whether in the academic or the non-academic worlds.
To apply, download the application form below, complete it and save as directed in PDF format and send it as an attachment to email@example.com, along with:
- Application letter, explaining your interest in and qualifications for your chosen position(s).
- Résumé (note: not an academic c.v.).
All items are due by Monday April 3, 2017.
Please arrange for a faculty adviser and your director of graduate studies to send an endorsement of your application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday April 3.
We will announce our selection before the end of April.
UGrow Fellowships for Academic Year 2017-18
Position descriptions (in PDF format):
- Center for Computational Science: Digital Humanities Fellow
- College of Arts & Sciences: ASPIRE Fellow
- College of Arts & Sciences, Advancement Office: Development Writing Fellow
- English Department: Caribbean Literary and Cultural Studies Research Fellow
- English Department: English UGrow Fellow in Communications & Curriculum
- English Department: Sinking City, Managing Editor
- HistoryMiami Museum: Museum Collections Research Fellow
- The Graduate School: Fellow in Professional Development
- University of Miami Libraries: Institutional Research Fellow
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens: Research Fellow
NOTE: English Department placements are open only to applicants from the Department of English; Sinking City Managing Editor position open only to English MFA students.